Campus Deadline: 9 December 2016
Applicants MUST follow our posted Campus Application Instructions and complete the Campus Application Form (available below under Useful Links). Do NOT use the application form available on the official Goldwater website at this time.
The Goldwater Scholarship supports undergraduate students in the STEM fields (sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics). The scholarship is intended to provide a continuing source of highly qualified individuals within the STEM fields of academic study and research. The scholarship provides financial support towards the cost of the undergraduate study including tuition, fees, books and room and board.
The scholarship is designed to encourage outstanding students to pursue careers in mathematics, the natural/physical sciences and engineering as well as to foster excellence in those fields.
Scholars and Honorable Mentions are recognized as among the nation’s very best future scientists, engineers, academics and research physicians (in human or veterinary medicine). Those awarded the scholarship as sophomores receive 2 years of funding; those awarded as juniors receive 1 year.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- US citizens, Permanent Resident Aliens, US nationals from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Mariana Islands
- Sophomores and Juniors in the STEM fields
- 3.5 or above GPA
- Outstanding academic performance
- Demonstrated potential for and commitment to a career in the STEM fields; students pursuing graduate study in medicine fields should be considering a research based career
- Potential to make a significant contribution within the STEM fields
For sample documents, please see Dean Goldberg.
- 2016-17 Goldwater Scholarship Flyer (PDF)
- 2016-17 Goldwater Scholarship Application Instructions (PDF)
- Goldwater Scholarship Important Application Notes (PDF)
- LC 2016-17 Goldwater Scholarship Recommender Information
- Official Goldwater Scholarship web site
- LC 2016-17 Goldwater Power Point Presentation (PPt)
- LC 2016-17 Goldwater Campus Application Form (WORD) [Please use the Internet Explorer browser to open this file]
Scholarships and Fellowships Calendar of Events
- No events are scheduled.
105 Scott Hall
714 Sullivan Road
Easton, PA 18042
(610) 330-5711 (FAX)
9 a.m.-5 p.m. during the academic year