The First Year
- Take advantage of the many academic, intellectual, and extra-curricular resources available to you.
- Take courses that will enrich your academic career and/or are of interest to you.
- Seek out EXCEL or other research/independent study opportunities—you may not be able to participate now, but you should let your professors know of your interest.
- Get to know your advisors and faculty.
- Develop mentoring relationships with faculty, staff, and upperclassmen.
- Engage in meaningful extra-curricular, leadership and civic/public service activities.
- Start thinking and planning ahead regarding scholarship programs that may be of interest to you.
- Keep a detailed résumé of your extra- and co-curricular activities, awards, leadership activities, research papers/projects, etc.
- Investigate study abroad opportunities.
- Apply for scholarships & fellowships for which you are eligible.
- Contact us for other opportunities.
The Sophomore Year
The Junior Year
The Senior Year